Health care is in the midst of rapid transformation
And these changes are creating new opportunities for professionals looking to make a dramatic impact at the intersection of health policy and law.
With the fully online innovative Masters of Science, Health Policy and Law degree, you are prepared to serve as industry leaders. Your courses – which interweave the best elements of health policy and legal education – span economics, finance, policy analysis and legal reform.
Prepare to improve our health care system as a:
- health care administrator
- biotech professional
- social worker
- legal professional
- human resources representative
The online format lets you take advantage of the renowned education from UCSF and UC Hastings College of Law while you continue to work. Learn alongside students who are just as passionate as you are to solve policy problems and practical dilemmas that our health care system faces each day.
On October 9, 2017, California Gov. Jerry Brown signed SB 17, which requires pharmaceutical companies to notify the state and health insurers each time they plan to raise the price of a medication by 16 percent or more over two years. And, interestingly, each pharma company will need to provide justification for the price hike.
“Californians have a right to know why their medical costs are out of control, especially when pharmaceutical profits are soaring,” Brown told NPR. “This measure is a step at bringing transparency, truth, exposure to a very important part of our lives, that is the cost of prescription drugs.”
- On October 9, 2017, California Gov. Jerry Brown signed SB 17, which requires pharmaceutical companies to notify the state and health insurers each time they plan to raise the price of a medication by 16 percent or more over two years. And, interestingly, each pharma company will need to provide justification for the price hike.… ... continue reading Drug Pricing Transparency California Bill Passes, Others Awaiting Signatures
- Our own academic advisory member Sarah Hooper recently spoke on a GeriPal podcast about her work creating the Medical-Legal Partnership for Seniors Clinic (MLPS) in which law students and faculty provide free legal assistance to low-income older patients at the UCSF Medical Center and at the San Francisco VA. Hooper, J.D., is also the Executive… ... continue reading Sarah Hooper on GeriPal Podcast
- Our very own Dan Dohan, Ph.D., has recently co-authored and published the scholarly article “The Promises of Computational Ethnography: Improving Transparency, Replicability and Validity for Realist Approaches to Ethnographic Analysis.” This article argues that the advance of computational methods for analyzing, visualizing and disseminating social scientific data can provide substantial tools for ethnographers operating within… ... continue reading Faculty Member Dan Dohan Co-Authors Scholarly Article
- Our second cohort is in full swing with their first set of courses. They come from varied backgrounds to learn how they can make an impact in the ever evolving world of health policy and law. You’ll see general demographics, positions they currently hold, capstone ideas and professional aspirations. Scroll on! 29 students with amedical… ... continue reading Infographic: Our Second Cohort!
Have a question? We’ll email you a response shortly.