Masters of Science, Health Policy & Law
- One- or two-year online program
- Part-time or full-time options
- GRE optional—your passion is what matters
“Our cohort is quite diverse—I’ve learned through others’ experience, expertise and perspectives.”
— Read more about Marielle Reataza, Class of 2017
Health care is in the midst of rapid transformation
And these changes are creating new opportunities for professionals looking to make a dramatic impact at the intersection of health policy and law.
With the fully online innovative Masters of Science, Health Policy and Law degree, you are prepared to serve as industry leaders. Your courses – which interweave the best elements of health policy and legal education – span economics, finance, policy analysis and legal reform.
Prepare to improve our health care system as a:
- health care administrator
- biotech professional
- social worker
- legal professional
- human resources representative
The online format lets you take advantage of the renowned education from UCSF and UC Hastings College of Law while you continue to work. Learn alongside students who are just as passionate as you are to solve policy problems and practical dilemmas that our health care system faces each day.
Sign Up for an Information Session!
Join us on Tuesday, May 2 at noon (PDT) to hear from advisers Mariam Rahimi and Ashley Clemens. They’ll break down the application process and provide tips on how to ask for letters of recommendation, craft your statement of purpose and come up with ideas for your capstone project.
Meet current students in the program and faculty and staff to learn first-hand how this degree can help you achieve your goals. Dan Dohan, professor of Health Policy and Social Medicine at UCSF, will provide opening remarks about the origins and inspirations of this degree, as well as the experience thus far. Other faculty members will be on hand to illuminate career paths and opportunities in this field.
UCSF Faculty Alumni House
745 Parnassus Ave.
San Francisco, CA 94122
- If you’re in the San Francisco Bay Area, join us at our second-annual mixer on Monday, April 24, from 6–8 pm! Meet current students in the program and faculty and staff to learn first-hand how this degree can help you achieve your goals. Dan Dohan, professor of Health Policy and Social Medicine at UCSF, will provide opening… ... continue reading Save the Date: Come Meet Current Students and Faculty!
- If you’re in the San Francisco Bay Area, make sure you register for this Wednesday, April 26, free event from Philip R. Lee Institute for Health Policy Studies at UCSF. Hal V. Barron is one of the most respected clinician/scientists and successful drug developers in the biotechnology industry. He is currently Calico’s president of research… ... continue reading Upcoming Event: 2017 Chancellor’s Health Policy Lecture With Hal Barron
- WHAT IS IT LIKE BEING A STUDENT IN HPL? In this recent Q&A with HPL associate director and professor Greggory Cochran, he illuminates the academic experience current HPL students are enjoying. This includes taking courses in the online environment, working on their capstones, creating a healthy work/life/study balance and much more! Read an in-depth interview… ... continue reading Video: The HPL Academic Experience
- Your statement of purpose demonstrates to the admissions committee who you are as a person, your achievements thus far and the promise you hold for your future. To help you think about what you should include in your statement of purpose, here are a list of questions you can address in your statement: Coming Into… ... continue reading Your Statement of Purpose
Have a question? We’ll email you a response shortly.